We Finally made it to the top of our hike (for a more detailed story see below).
My CUTE little family. I love you all so much and am grateful that I am your mom and wife.
I am soo cool I have my stick, sunglasses and my men surrounding me.
This was right before the hike hell adventures began.
So on the way from the cave to our hiking destination Nadya threw up multiple times so much so that her car seat was soggy and unusable (got to use the hotel washer and dryer to take care of all that). When we arrived we cleaned her up again and started our hike. This is a mix of bad parenting, mis-communication and kind hearted people that took pity on us. We had no intention of this being a long hike so we did not have wipes or diapers with us AND Tysen and Nadya were both wearing swim diapers to make matters worse. About twenty minutes into the hike my mom's arm was getting really wet, this is where we learned that swim diapers SUCK and as parents we messed up by not being prepared. So my mom went on with a continuous wet arm and body as Tysen kept leaking. Shortly after we decided to just let him go commando when a group of hikers who also had twins (younger than ours) happened upon us and rescued us by giving us 2 smaller diapers and wipes. I was so grateful and mortified at the same time. But thankfully they gave us two diapers, because when we reached the top Nadya's diaper let loose as well.
Lesson learned never leave any place without being prepared!!
September 2, 2012