Tuesday, April 3, 2012
I CAN Dress Myself!
Have you all met my sweet, loving, independent, caring, porcelain doll, I can do anything I put my mind to and very smart daughter Nadya? Well this story begins at the beginning of January where my sweet, huggable daughter turned very opinionated as to what she will and will not wear. But due to the lack of communication on my part I was not understanding why for the last 17 days my daughter would just cry and run to her room and begin to take everything out of her drawers. On January 17, 2012 Nadya accomplished what most children do not accomplish till they are much older than 17 months old. She was throwing another one of her fits and ran to her room (this time I was not going to chase after her) when she came out she had (what is now her favorite dress on) on this dress with the biggest grin I have ever seen out of her. Thus starting my daughters independence on choosing her own clothes (which as many of you know she will only wear dresses, it is rare that she is in something else) and for me it is simply one battle that I am choosing not to take part in. I have simply learned that I only put clothes in her drawer that are acceptable to me for her to wear and then she chooses what she wears in the morning. Insane as this may be I have realized this could be bad in the future so have already decided that I am going to lay out seven days worth of clothes when she is older and she can choose from the selection what she wants to wear (hopefully this will keep the peace). I love you so much my sweet daughter and am grateful everyday that Heavenly Father brought you to our home.